It is now almost one year since the GDPR came into force across the EU; and its impact has, to say the least, been significant.
In this session we will talk about:
Key learnings from the last 12 months for APAC businesses with a focus on:
(1) jurisdictional issues;
(2) 2018/19 enforcement actions (including any fines levied);
(3) risk based approaches to compliance that some APAC companies are taking;
(4) handling international breaches; and
(5) handling international data transfers;
* The impact of Brexit on data protection; and
* What to expect over the next 12 months (e.g. will the E Privacy Regulation ever come in to force?)
We will also outline some of the key differences between the GDPR and local data privacy legislation, as well as providing an update on key data privacy developments in Hong Kong/Singapore over the last 12 months.
We expect you to have many questions about these topics and if you want to submit them in advance please contact our events team.
Our event will be held in both Hong Kong and Singapore and the details for each event are below. Please RSVP for the event which is most convenient for you.
Wednesday 15 May 2019
8.45am - 10.15am with registration from 8.15am (including breakfast)
LocationThe Pool House, 11/F, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, 1 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Alexander Milner-Smith, Lewis Silkin
Kenneth Leung, Lewis Silkin
Louise Le Pla, Lewis Silkin
Friday 17 May 2019
Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP, 9 Battery Road, NYP Centre, 25th Floor, Singapore 049910
Lionel Tan, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP