The HKCCA’s Executive Committee invites you to the following presentation, hosted by Shin & Kim.
Food and drinks will be provided. 1 Law Society of Hong Kong CPD point has been applied for. New York and California Approved Jurisdiction policy may apply.
TOPIC: Recent trends in Korean labor and privacy laws
We will discuss recent court decisions and regulatory changes that may potentially affect foreign companies that conduct business in Korea. In particular, we will examine
- the scope of ordinary wage;
- discrimination against non-regular employees;
- restriction on employee working hours;
- the mandatory retirement age; and
- appropriate labor union activity.
We will examine the relevant regulations involving data protection in Korea and discuss recent key incidents. In particular, we will cover
- the duty to take safety measures;
- restrictions on the transfer of personal data out of Korea; and
- the damages and punishment resulting from breach.
SPEAKERS: Michael Chang, Jae Min Jeon
VENUE: Four Seasons, Harbour View Ballroom I (Level 4)
DATE: Tuesday 28 April 2015
TIME: 12.00 for lunch, 12.30 - 14.00 for presentation
RSVP: Please register your attendance online no later than Friday 24 April 2015. If you register but are then unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us so that other members on any waitlist may attend. If you have any suggestions for topics or speakers for future HKCCA events, please let us know at email@example.com.