On 20 June 2017, Bird & Bird delivered a half-day conference to a full house of members, addressing the impact of digital disruption on the legal landscape. Not only a hot topic, but we gathered at “Beef & Liberty” a very cool venue in LKF. The conference included five sessions from seven speakers, all experts in their fields, covering a comprehensive range of topics from:
- Employment in the gig economy
- Initial coin offerings and fintech disruption to fundraising
- Big data and analytics and issues of data ownership
- Protection of digital IP assets and online anti-counterfeiting tools
- Evolution of the use of injunctions to meet challenges in the digital world.
With technology touching all aspects of our lives, the sessions provided members with an enhanced understanding of the transformative effect and legal implications of the adoption of technology on various aspects of business.
Conference feedback was great, and the morning was topped off by an excellent sit down networking lunch where members had the opportunity to talk with the speakers and other in-house colleagues. Thanks to everyone who attended. The Law Society awarded 3.5 CPD for this Bird & Bird conference.
Members can enjoy the slides of the presentation on the Resources section: Seminar Materials